Settling In Well

Hello my beautiful friends, I hope you are all doing well. I am doing splendid! All is well in our home and we’re settling in gradually. No, we are not completely unpacked as there are still a few more boxes to go, but by and large, we are a fully functioning family with many of the essentials in place -which really boils down to having a place to sleep. I’ve been at work all week as usual but my schedule allows me to be home every weekend, of which I’m so very grateful as I get to spend time with my family and loved ones.

My new place is growing on me and I’m so looking forward to turning this house into a home all over again. You see, I have a diploma in interior decorating, and a keen interest in actively pursuing the trade on the side, so you can understand my excitement at this opportunity availing itself -for that I’m thankful to my Father, He always knows what we need at every turn, doesn’t He? I so appreciate these blank-canvas, moments, the chance to start over. I can almost hear Him whisper: Begin again child, I am with you all the way. Only the heart of a Father would get excited over seeing me happy about such mundane tasks 🙂

My neighborhood is nice, safe and quiet and my nieces and I have been taking long walks around the block in the evenings to familiarize ourselves with the area and make acquaintance with our neighbors and I must say so far, so good. I seem to have lost quite a bit of weight, which is just not a good look on me. I mustn’t let my mother see me like this or she’ll have a fit!! It’s a terrible sickly haggard look and she hates when my collar-bones jut out like this; I’m going to have to beef up a little bit so she can sleep easy!

Emotionally I’m in such a good place and my heart is filled with gratitude for the journey ahead as our lives unfolds each new day. I’m taking my life one day at a time, which fills my heart with grace and gratitude for each new day. I love what we’re doing here with the blog and I’m enjoying the community that’s forming, mightily relishing some of the healthy debates that take place in the comment section.

I just want to express my gratitude to you all for walking with me on a journey that was so difficult yet so rewarding; you all helped me turn lemons into plenty of lemonade, certainly enough to go around -Lol! Many of you reached out privately, some of you called me on the telephone, others of you we met up in person, most of you we touched based here in the comments section, and my blog traffic statistics showed that so many of you cheered me on silently  -I sensed your blessings. Thanks for putting up with the drab cloudy grey days and walking with me until now that we’re coming onto brighter sunnier days.

As my life stabilizes, I am bringing a bit more order to the blog, posting on a schedule and using my experience to reach out to other and share principles and lessons I’ve learnt while on this remarkable journey. I am eternally grateful to my Father for surrounding me with a community that knew to mourn with me, and now laughs with me. I love that we are growing together and I’m especially grateful for the opportunity to learn from you all as we share and debate opinions expressed here. Thank you all for hanging in there with me -our journey continues! Cheers, Ms. Grey xoxo

Share:

11 Comments

1. topi
    September 8, 2019 / 5:44 AM

Am not currently on whatsapp, but soon be as my phone is still at the fundis. That will be a much quicker communication medium yeah.

2. topi
    September 8, 2019 / 5:42 AM

Yeah, I know a few people there as we have also been having issues with Mothe’s plot in webuye, so some fellows are sorting it out. Lemme know what goes. Presumably your Moms is still in the US yeah? Ooh how’s Mr. Grey?

• Grey Dynasty
      Author
      September 8, 2019 / 9:17 PM

Hey Topi, thankfully I got a breakthrough so all is well. Mama is doing well, and Mr. Grey is doing splendid as far as I know xoxo

3. topi
    September 7, 2019 / 8:26 PM

Somethin been bothering me I wanna ask but I think I will leave it for later

4. topi
    September 7, 2019 / 8:24 PM

Actually yes! I need to go feel the rain and smell the emanates when the first rain drops hit the murrum road, very nostalgic… and the sound of the iron-sheet roof as torrents of rain water hit it…makes me just doze off. Do you wanna send me on an errand? Karibu

• Grey Dynasty
      Author
      September 7, 2019 / 10:17 PM

Oh I like the smell of wet soil. The rain on the mabati makes me sleepy too 😁 mkhwe, any connections kwa Lands and/or survey office?

5. topi
    September 6, 2019 / 5:04 PM

You still lood as beautiful and sexy as ever… if that is part of losing weight then I will be on the side. Sometimes in life people do not know how strong they are till they encounter a huddle. I believe you are one of those…. be well mwana wefwe…

• Grey Dynasty
      Author
      September 6, 2019 / 9:04 PM

Lol, I’m like the rubber-band man coz I keep springing right back up 💃🏻 We were raised to be tenacious. Dad used to allude to these very types of scenarios happening and he drummed it into our heads that we need nobody but God. So here I am back up, with nobody but my Father. Daddy was right, He’s enough 🙏 orio mno 😘

• Grey Dynasty
      Author
      September 7, 2019 / 12:50 PM

Mlamwa, any chance you’ll be headed to BGM soon?

6. Lexi
    September 6, 2019 / 10:08 AM

So happy to read you have settled in and getting the hang of this new normal. I am looking forward to seeing your decor inspirations come to life. Cheers to new beginnings!!

• Grey Dynasty
      Author
      September 6, 2019 / 10:15 AM

Yes indeed, cheers to new beginnings! I’ll document my progress so I can share it with you all, show off my skills and toot my own horn so to speak 😁 I can’t help myself 🙈